Remembering...

... one year ago today. We were on an airplane, on our way to Guatemala to pick up our son. And that plane couldn't get me there fast enough. I longed to take him into my arms and hold him-- finally.

As we traveled, I journaled.

God, You are so good! I can hardly contain my elation and joy and anticipation and giddiness. The thrill of picking up this precious gift you have given us! Thank you, gracious heavenly Father!

I love You.
I thank You.
I praise You.
My heart is singing.


And then, this:


One year. My heart nearly aches with gratitude. He knew-- long before we knew-- that this boy would be a part of our family.

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
is God in His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families
.... Psalm 68:5


Our son. What a delight!

So, today I add this to my One Thousand Gifts list:

736. One year with our Isaias.

1 comment:

  1. Dec. 11, 2006 - Gotcha day
    Posted by Anonymous
    Stacy!! Congratulations!! :) Our Gotcha day also falls on the 11th (September) It was absolutely wonderful going through the adoption process with you!! We were doing everything at the same time, (until your referral came when you were #10!) :p and it was great to have you there to go through it with!
    Blessings to you and your family as you celebrate this milestone day, this gift from God!
    JOY! JOY! JOY! :) God is so good!
    Sara

    ***

    Dec. 11, 2006 - Sara,
    Posted by reformingmama
    Yeah. It was actually December 10th, but I couldn't get this entry to post until TODAY! ;)

    Love you, my friend! I'm thankful we "met" through the adoption process, too! :)

    ~Stacy

    ***

    Dec. 11, 2006 - I love it!
    Posted by Anonymous
    Stacy, My heart filled with such joy for you while reading your post. I actually got a big lump in my throat! I know so well the gratitude you feel toward God for blessing you with dear Isaias. What a gift and what a tremendous blessing from God. Enjoy this incredibly special day. Blessings, Amy Crawford

    ***

    Dec. 12, 2006 - Smiles
    Posted by Sarah
    Yippee, what a memory!! I cannot believe that it has been a year already!! And what a handsome little boy you have too!! I totally agree with Sara ….Joy, joy, joy!!

    Sarah

    ***

    Dec. 12, 2006 - Big goose bumps and little tears!!!
    Posted by Michelle
    Big goose bumps all over reading this...and little tears in my eyes as I SO VIVIDLY RECALL this day a year ago!! I should have had my Starbucks to celebrate....right??? Stacy, I count it as one of my biggest blessings in life to have shared this "process" with you...and I am THRILLED that, here we are, a year later and you still call me friend!

    p.s. I cannot stop looking at that "gotcha" picture....... =)

    ***

    Dec. 13, 2006 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Rebeca
    Congratulations! I love to see the pictures of you both with your wonderful blessing.
    Rebeca

    ***

    Dec. 13, 2006 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Joni
    I simply loved this post. I think God is tugging our family's heartstrings to consider international adoption. Your story really stirs me!

    Love,
    Joni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.