So this is happening today at our house:

Our dry erase board this morning

I have been scrambling these past two days to be ready enough to start.  Mark took three days off for me to plan this summer, and even those weren't enough.  Apparently I need a whole week next year. 

It was after midnight when we went to sleep, and at 3 am our neighbor's dog began barking INCESSANTLY.  Clearly the neighbors were not home to shush her, so on and on she went, for three whole hours, keeping Mark and I awake.  I also have a toothache that made my whole jaw hurt during the night. 

And yet- today, we begin.  I am purposing to be up early this year, getting even a bit of time with Jesus in before I see anyone else.  And I need Him so much today.  Feeling so depleted and exhausted and we haven't even officially begun this day with all the demands and struggles it will hold.

And this is good.  Nothing happens by my own strength and I am thankful for trials lest I forget it.

Here is the treasure I came across this morning:
But you, O LORD, be not far off, O my strength, come quickly to help me. Psalm 22:19
I have asked God to stand in and be my help and strength; for the Holy Spirit to empower me to be kind, patient and loving.

May He be YOUR strength today, too, dear friends.

~Stacy

2 comments:

  1. Happy 1st day of school! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st day of school! Thank you for this encouragement. I read it right before we started our 1st day, too. It nearly brought tears since the morning "I" planned was clearly not going "my" way. Once I read your post and surrender the day to His guidance, all went so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.