Poem for the Beginning of the Year



I discovered this poem recently and it seems perfectly suited for the beginning of the year: 
NEW EVERY MORNING

Every day is a fresh beginning,
Listen my soul to the glad refrain.
  And, spite of old sorrows
    And older sinning,
    Troubles forecasted
    And possible pain,
Take heart with the day and begin again.

~Susan Coolidge

Doesn't that first line remind you of Miss Stacy telling Anne Shirley, "Remember, you can always start everything afresh tomorrow"?  And the last line is one I'd like to remember as various challenges crop up throughout my days with the kids, "Take heart with the day and begin again."
Yes, please.  His mercies are new every morning.

Blessings to you all for a wonderful year!
~Stacy


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I do like the poem! Especially that second line, "listen my soul to the glad refrain." The glad song of a fresh beginning - lovely! Hugs and Happy New Year to my dear far away friend ♥ lots of love tucked in there, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that line, too! (((hugs))) and love to you, too, Quinne! Blessings to your dear family!

      Delete
  2. Truly beautiful and it was the first entry in my commonplace journal for this year! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.