Miscellany

*2006 post*

So. It's my day to blog and I am drawing a blank. I suppose I could come up with something-- after all, I do keep a running list of ideas or thoughts on what-to-blog-about.

Or I could always post a recipe. I'm in the middle of rewriting all of my recipes onto paper and at the moment think I might go CRAZY should I have to write out one more recipe. It's so tedious. I've only made it through the first section (all of my main dishes, though... it's a big one. But not as big as my desserts section! :D)

Remember when I said I was a perfectionist? Yeah...grrrr. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to the final line of copying, the "Bake at 350..." part, and have accidentally miscopied it. So, I begin again.

Or the horror when I realized that for the first 20-something recipes, I'd used blue ink for copying, and then after I'd written a bunch more, I noticed I'd switched to black ink! I briefly considered rewriting all of those over, but that is where I draw the line.

I will post pictures (with great relief!) when it's done! :)

Now, back to the what-to-blog-about problem... I'd love some ideas! :) And I'm sure Amy wouldn't mind them either. Are there things you as readers would be interested in us blogging about? If so, let us know and we'll run with it.

Otherwise, I'm sure inspiration will hit soon and I'll be off on some other topic. :)

Now I'm off to get some bran muffins made and in the oven. Yum. And to try to keep the boys quiet while my daughter tries to sleep. And to empty the dishwasher, start the laundry, get these boys dressed, decide if this should be a day that I attempt to work on the potty-training with my 2 1/2 year old son, or not. I'm thinking not.

Have a wonderful Monday, all!

*Update: 10 minutes later...

As I was in the kitchen, measuring out the bran flakes for the muffins, I had this thought that I wanted to add. Amy and I (if I can speak for you, too, Amy!) began this blog in part because we wanted to come alongside other moms and share what it is that we're learning (notice I say learning, not learned!) along the way. The successes and the challenges. And hopefully that we'd be able to be an encouragement, too. That's our heart. And that's why we care what you would be interested in us blogging about.

That's all. My boys are getting hungry!

1 comment:

  1. Aug. 21, 2006 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Rebeca
    I don't have any grand ideas for you, but just wanted to let you know that I really have enjoyed your blog and have been encouraged by many of the things you and Amy write about. I can almost always relate to the things you write about since we're all at a similar place with smaller children, not quite "school" age yet. So, keep it up! It's great to be able to read about what you're learning, as so often it's something I need to learn as well.
    May the Lord continue to bless you both,
    Rebeca

    ***

    Aug. 21, 2006 - I love your blog!
    Posted by Anonymous
    Hi Stacy! I just wanted you to know that I absolutely love your blog! You and Amy have such wonderful insight and knowledge and you have really helped me a lot in all areas of motherhood. I really appreciate your blog and you two. I have no special requests about blog content, I think you two do a wonderful job and I have really been blessed by your posts. I am glad to hear your children are doing well. Whenever I think about dear Isaias (the only one of your children that I have met in person!) I smile. He is such a sweetheart. Luke is doing great! He is 15 months, is so much fun and is busy busy busy. He has quite the personality and is a complete crack up. We are so blessed. We are #13 for our baby girl and are getting very excited to be back in Guatemala. Again, thank you so much for your insightful, thought-provoking posts. Blessings, Amy Crawford

    ***

    Aug. 21, 2006 - Hello Friends
    Posted by Dana
    So good to catch up on you two. Ahhh Satcy, glad to know someone is happy I am back. I need to tell you cause I don't know that I ever did - the bran muffin recipe is delicious. Yep I am a fan.
    And a fan of you two too.

    ***

    Aug. 21, 2006 - encouragement
    Posted by MicheleinNZ
    Like the others, I really enjoy your blog. We have similar aged children and whatever you write about is just right where I'm at. So more of the same, please :)

    And I can't believe that you're re-writing all your recipes by hand! I read that on Kendra's site and I talked about it with my husband. He encouraged me to continue putting them onto the computer, which is what i've been doing. I've got a cool template he designed for me that works really well. I liked the idea of having my handwriting for people to remember, but I still write things in my recipe books, and i'll continue to make notes on my computer printouts, so I decided that was good enough :) But I look forward to seeing your completed project!

    ***

    Aug. 21, 2006 - Just a thought
    Posted by GenesisFamily
    Have you thought about copying your recipes in pencil. I do everything in pencil so if I make a mistake I can just erase!
    From one perfectionist to another.....
    Toni

    ***

    Aug. 21, 2006 - Your blog ROCKS!!!!
    Posted by Michelle
    I do not have any great ideas at this point...but can I just say that I LOVE what you girls have done so far....just give us more of the same! God has used both of you to encourage, challenge, humor, humble and entertain me so many times over the past several months!! Keep up the good (God) work!!!!

    ***

    Aug. 21, 2006 - Don't you have a computer?
    Posted by Pomaleedon
    Wait. Yes, you blog, therefore you must have some kind of computer access. So I ask you: ARE YOU CRAZY?!! Computers were made by perfectionists *for* perfectionists. Oh, I get it: you're doing them in calligraphy. Well, then it would make sense. I'd love to see them; I'll bet they're beautiful.

    ***

    Aug. 22, 2006 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Anonymous
    I think you two are doing a wonderful job! I love your blog, I just started reading a couples weeks ago. I like the book recommendations, recipes, and reading about what has worked for other moms in everyday life or homeschooling.
    Thanks, Wendy
    http://swbbm.blogspot.com

    ***

    Aug. 22, 2006 - For those who commented... :)
    Posted by reformingmama
    Rebeca,
    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! And your faithful reading- and commenting on our blog. We like you!

    Amy,
    Thank you so much, Amy! Your words are very kind. Anything that has seemed insightful and knowledgable and has blessed you in any way is truly to God's credit!
    I love it that you have met our Isaias! :) And I am so happy to hear about Luke and to find out you're now #13. Wow! You sure have moved up quickly! :) Do keep me posted and let me know when you're headed back! :) Will you be taking Luke?

    Dana-
    Thanks for telling me that you like the bran muffin recipe! *Whew* You never know.. you post a recipe and then no one says anything and you wonder, "Did everyone try that and absolutely detest it???" And keep wondering... until someone as sweet as you says otherwise. Thanks! And again, welcome back!

    MicheleinNZ- Thank you. :)
    I know- about writing the recipes by hand. I know. My husband was reading your comment and he said, "I can't believe it EITHER!"

    Toni-
    It's a good thought, but.... I'm a total pen person. Pencil can smudge eventually. I wish I weren't so particular, believe me! :)

    Michelle-
    Thank you, sweet friend of mine! :)

    Pomaleedon-
    Your comment made me smile. I know. And I AM CRAZY! And a glutton for punishment, I guess...
    The thing is, it's just so much more personable to handwrite them! Too much like a cookbook to TYPE them. And it's not a cookbook, it's our family's recipes, so...
    You know, if I could handwrite my blog entries, I'd probably do that, too. On second thought, no I wouldn't. I edit my entries too many times for that!

    Thanks, all!
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.