At breakfast with my boys

Well, Ella was there, too. But my boys especially delighted me so I'm talking about them today.

Over breakfast we were going over our memory verses for Thursday. Usually Ella and Isaac alternate; she does one, he does the next. Isaias participates only here and there when there's a word he knows well that he chimes in with. His favorite verse is: Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour... because he starts that verse out with a giant roar!

And when we go over our list of OT books of the Bible, all the kids giggle and wave when we get to Haggai (in their minds, it's "Hey, Guy!")

This morning, though, we pulled out our memory work box (thank you, Kendra), and Isaias was saying something to me, and I finally figured out he was saying that he wanted to do it, too. Great! So I pulled out a short verse, "Thou shalt not steal", and cued him beforehand on each word. It went like this:

Me: Thou
Isaias: ...Thou

Me: Shalt
Isaias: ...Shalt

Me: Not
Isaias: ...Not

Isaias: ... HIT!

Yep, that too! :)

***

One of our Thursday verses is: A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families. After we were done with all the verses I said, "Let's pull out the father-to-the-fatherless verse again and take a few minutes to pray for the child(ren) God is going to set in our family soon."

Isaac's prayer:

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for that you set the lonely in families. Thank you that we'll have a little girl. In Jesus' name, Amen. And a little boy. In Jesus' name, Amen.


Amen!

Have a wonderful Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love these glimpses into your sweet family. The things they say are so precious.

    Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll amen that too!
    Can't wait to see you!
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny that Isaias said that. Thanks again for going over the memory work with our kids so faithfully.

    Loving you, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very sweet post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.