Solution!

*2006 post*

Last week I was looking for a solution, or a "home", for our craft items. Everyone who commented gave great ideas. I considered purchasing a new storage center but decided against it since we don't really have the room or the money to purchase one. I considered recycling an old dresser and using the drawers for storage, but again, didn't really have the room. In her comments, MotherHen suggested using a kitchen cupboard, and that's what I've done. (Thank you for the practical and inexpensive idea!)

I cleared out the top shelf of a kitchen cupboard. This cupboard happens to be the one closest to our kitchen table, which is handy, since that's where we do most of our crafts! Also, this shelf slides out for easier access.

I bought 8 shoebox-sized bins ($1.99 apiece, at Target), some labels, and set to work. Here's the result:


We all love it, and I am feeling such a sense of accomplishment for decluttering this area of our home!

Thanks again for all of you who commented and told me your solutions for crafts. At some point we'll probably need more space than this, and then I'll get to use one of the other ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Jul. 5, 2006 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Rebeca
    That looks great! Hooray for organizing!
    Rebeca

    ***

    Jul. 5, 2006 - Hello!
    Posted by MotherHen
    I'm glad my simple idea worked for you--your cupboard looks WAY neater than mine---perhaps I should have actually labled the boxes {sheepish grin}!! I think I'll go do that now...LOL!

    ***

    Jul. 5, 2006 - wow
    Posted by Mike
    Your handwriting is shamefully neat. It's almost like you printed those out in a font called "stacyshandwriting sans serif" or something...

    Edited by reformingmama on Jul. 5, 2006 at 2:05 PM

    ***

    Jul. 5, 2006 - That is inspiring
    Posted by Dana
    As I am knee deep in reorganizing. Although I showed you the pic of my dresser drawers, all around it is stuff that I am finding a new home for.
    Although, I think they are growing roots.

    ***

    Jul. 6, 2006 - Beautiful!
    Posted by Corin
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.