*Sigh*

Ugh. I am blowing it today as a mama.

Lord, strengthen me. Fill me with Your love, grace, patience, compassion and kindness. May I be slow to anger. As You are.

But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. (Psalm 86:15)

Shape me, I pray.

May I choose a soft-spoken word over a harsh one.

Kindness instead of crabbiness.

A smile instead of a frown.

Patience in place of my impatience.

Thank you for entrusting me with these little ones. May I be faithful to honor you today in my calling as a mother.

1 comment:

  1. Nov. 28, 2006 - Said a little prayer for you....
    Posted by Michelle
    That's all...just wanted you to know that I lifted you and your little ones up in prayer after I read this. Hope your day turns around (it must have really been downhill after I talked to you, huh??) =)

    ***

    Nov. 28, 2006 - Hi there!
    Posted by dawilli
    You hang in there!
    We all have those days (I think, at least I sure do- more often than I'd care to post about!) but if that prayer is really the prayer of your heart, you are on the right path. Stay the course, your children are blessed to have a praying momma. And the rest of us mommas are blessed to see your example of humility and dependency on the Lord.
    Enjoy them,
    ali

    ***

    Nov. 28, 2006 - Oh, Stacy!
    Posted by Joni
    I'm there with ya! I felt that way just yesterday. In our weakness, He is strong. Amen?

    With You,
    Joni

    ***

    Nov. 29, 2006 - Hello Stacy...
    Posted by Joni
    I think I got the RSS thingy fixed so you can add me to your bloglines. Thanks for visiting and leaving your encouraging comments! I think you're awesome.

    Sweet Blessings and Mommy Prayers Your Way Today,
    Joni

    ***

    Nov. 29, 2006 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Anonymous
    You too? I had to pray that prayer before I even got out of bed and for the first hour of my day:-). Someone woke up screaming and I wanted to join him. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and flow through you.
    Leigh Ann
    rr2box79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.