Refreshed!

Thank you for all of your happy anniversary wishes!

Mark and I just returned from our overnight. It's the one time a year we make sure we get away with just each other, and I'm so thankful for it.

Our kids went to grandma's for a "slumber party", and you'd think they were going to Disneyland with how thrilled they were to be able to do that!

Mark and I went to a favorite Bed & Breakfast near the beach.

It was so very good to simply rest.

On the way there, I read aloud to Mark from my 1993 journal- specifically, the season we began dating. That was a hoot! :)

When we arrived, we walked along the beach and talked. My only pre-planned question for the weekend was this one:

"How can I encourage you...
...in your faith?
...as a father?
...in our marriage?
...in your work?
...in your friendships?
...with your extended family?
"

He answered as we walked and then this morning I wrote it all down in my journal so that I can remember to check back and see how I'm doing in my role of help-meet.

We ate yummy food. [Which is always one of my favorite parts!]

We played a few card games. One deck of cards and the only two games I could remember were Gin and Speed. Sheesh. My sister and I used to know all of the two-person card games.

We read books (he's reading God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew and I'm reading a book by Michael Phillips.)

We slept. And slept. And slept some more. [I took a nap yesterday, slept 9 hours last night, and took another nap today! I was tuckered out and it was such a luxury to just be able to sleep, and without interruption or responsibility. A rare treat!]

And now we're home again, and so refreshed! I missed the kids and was anxious to see them again. Mark has one more day off and tomorrow we're heading to the ZOO, (weather permitting), and I do hope it permits because I adore the zoo.

How are you, dear readers?

***Oh, before I forget! Congratulations to my friend Quinne who recently had a sweet baby girl!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great little get-away! I wish I could read to Justin in the car - I'd throw up. That would be really romantic. ;-)

    And the zoo! I've been wanting to go to the zoo lately. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great questions for a get away weekend. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad to hear you had a great time! And super glad that you were able to SLEEP!!!
    Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, lots of SLEEPING going on in that hotel bed....hmph. Wasn't this your anniversary? haha. (don't ask:don't tell)

    What a great wifey to ask those questions of him. I bet he thinks you're the best wife ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Stacy - I am so glad you had a wonderful refreshing time with your sweetheart. It sounds like you had a delightful time, and it was needed, I'm sure.

    I pull out my journal from the time when I first met Edie from time to time, and we have a delicious time reading it and laughing.

    And what wonderful questions to ask your husband!! No wonder he loves you so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy, this sounds like Heaven... Congratulations on 11 years together! I am so encouraged by you and the way you love Mark. Way to go with those questions! Have a great zoo trip and do be sure to post pictures of all the kids with the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds lovely! I'm glad you had such a good time...and so much sleep! How nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleep is a good thing! I have enjoyed both of your last posts. They are so encouraging concerning marriage.

    Hope you have a great day at the zoo.

    And me.....I am doing great now that the sun is out and shining. I also got some good deals on home decor yesterday. Good deals make me happy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy :) I'm so glad you two had a nice time! It's a double blessing to find joy in coming home, isn't it?

    Thanks for the note here and for praising the Father with us for Ila.
    Love you so! Q

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.