18 in 90, Room to Room

In an effort to scale down the 101 in 1001 list, I have come up with my own (less ambitious!) plan. I'm calling it 18 in 90, Room to Room.

Here's my list. (And I type this out with much trepidation, because I happen to be a little anxious about actually doing all of these things. I may be over-achieving, here. This kind of thing is not easy for me. I'm good with the following things: desire, enthusiasm, planning, making lists and putting up creative little reminder-notes all over the house. But in all honesty, when it comes to the follow-through, I could use a little work. Thus, I'm thinking these next 3 months could be a bit challenging. Challenging but good!) That said, here goes:


Closet
-Memorize Isaiah 40
-Pray for Mark daily (using Power of a Praying Wife as a guideline. Wow, wouldn't it be cool if I selected 30 specific things to pray for him for and then did that 3x over (over the course of the next 3 months?! Hm... maybe I'll try that.)

Bedroom
-Organize & declutter clothing (in drawers, closets & bins under the bed)
-Plan romantic evenings, 2x per week

Kitchen
-Work on kitchen clutter areas (by phone, on top of dishwasher, 5 minutes per day)
-Practice hospitality by having guests over for a meal (1x per month)

Bathroom
-Clean out & declutter & reorganize cupboards (throw lots of stuff away!)
-Use shower time to pray for the day/activities ahead

Kids' Rooms
-Clean room WITH them, teach them how to make their beds (1x per week)
-Extended prayer time for each child by their bed, while they're sleeping (1x per week)

Living Room
-Clean out desk drawers
-Sunday service training (each Saturday evening on couch)

School Room
-Make Chore Chart for E & I
-Individual time with each child (15 minutes per child, 3x per week)
*E- alphabet pages, practicing writing her letters
*I- puzzles, cutting or coloring together, play w/ little cars
*I- sing action songs, read board books

Outside
-Purchase gardening gloves, practice weeding, which I dread :(
-Weekly walk with the kids, just for the fun of it (ie- not 'on the way' to get somewhere, but taking our time!)

Laundry
-Set specific (weekly, or twice/week) laundry day(s), and stick to it
-Have E & I help with folding and putting away laundry

Yep, I'm overwhelmed. This does seem awfully BIG. 3 months is a really long time, right?? Yikes! But I will strive to be one who "sets about her work vigorously" (Pr. 31:17)!

Stay tuned. I'll be letting you know how this goes!

1 comment:

  1. Apr. 13, 2006 - one more
    Posted by reformingmama
    O.k. I'm adding one more to mine. I am going to pray for you and your list! Great job making it Stacy, I know you'll do great! Love Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.