Praying for my Husband

I have developed a prayer list to guide me in prayer for my husband over the next 30 days. I just finished reading The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian, and used that as a guideline for coming up with some of these categories.

I'm printing this out and posting above my kitchen sink (where I spend a good deal of time) so that I can pray for him in these specific areas throughout my day. I'm excited to do this! :) Here's my list:

1 his wife, that I would be his helpmeet, companion, friend and support
2 his work
3 his sexuality
4 his affection
5 his temptations
6 his fears
7 his purpose
8 his health
9 his protection
10 his integrity
11 his reputation
12 his priorities
13 his relationships
14 his fatherhood
15 his relationship with Ella
16 his relationship with Isaac
17 his relationship with Isaias
18 our marriage
19 his faith
20 his time in the Word
21 his tongue/words
22 his repentance
23 his obedience
24 his future
25 his leadership
26 sharing the Gospel
27 his faithfulness
28 his prayers
29 his insecurities
30 his rest

Am I missing anything really obvious? Let me know if you see a glaring obmission!

2 comments:

  1. Apr. 14, 2006 - thank you
    Posted by Anonymous
    Thanks so much for sharing this list. It will be really helpful for me to follow your example. What a blessing your example is.

    ***

    Apr. 18, 2006 - I'll do the dishes...
    Posted by Mark
    This makes me want to do the dishes more often, so I can look over this list myself and pray the same things for you, my dear wife.

    Thank you for your prayers.

    ***

    Apr. 19, 2006 - great list
    Posted by Fletch
    i tried to think of something you missed...but i think you hit them all!

    ***

    Apr. 19, 2006 - I missed one (*edit*)
    Posted by reformingmama
    Finances. My friend pointed that one out to me. The reason I didn't think of it is because while Mark MAKES all the money, (thank you, honey!) I actually do most of the managing of our finances.

    Alrighty.
    ~Stacy

    ***

    Apr. 23, 2006 - I've been using your list!
    Posted by Smidge
    My birthday gift to my husband was concentrated prayer and journaling on his behalf. Your list has been a huge help to me and came just at the right time. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. suddenly, you have inspired me. i like everything you write about. i just replace your reference to your God with mine. Splendid. i am now eager to live the religion as a complete way of life. thank you. may you and your family be blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.