Thinking...

This past week there was a comment from Elise trailing one of my posts that piqued my interest. I headed over to her blog and found that she'd so kindly given me a Thinking Blogger Award. (Thanking you again, sweet Elise! What a *delightful* surprise.) And then late last night, I read Wendy's blog entry at Showered With Grace and noticed she also tagged me with this award. (Thank you, Wendy!)

If you get tagged with a Thinking Blogger Award, you are then supposed to do the following:

1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

Here are the two versions of the award:



Have you seen either of those serious guys (above) floating around the blogworld these past several? I have. It has been so fun to meet many new (to me) bloggers by clicking on everyone's 5 links.

Now it is my job to share with you 5 of the blogs that make me think. (And it was not easy to choose just 5, let me tell you!) But this is the *best* part, for me- to get to tell you about some fine bloggers. So, without further ado:

1. Kendra of Preschoolers and Peace.
Kendra's was the first blog I ever read, and I've been reading it faithfully ever since. What I appreciate so much about Kendra is that she offers practical solutions for ways to organize and manage your home, and she is happy to share what they have done and what is working for their family. I have gleaned so much from Kendra's ideas. One of my favorite Kendra-ideas? This one. And not only does Kendra have wonderful resources to share, but she has wisdom and experience. Thank you, Kendra. I am so grateful for your ministry to busy mothers of preschoolers; for your willingness to share your life with all of us. I have learned so much from you.

2. Elise of A Path Made Straight.
Elise writes so beautifully. As I pondered how to narrow down exactly what Elise writes about, I had a difficult time. She simply, but beautifully, writes about life. About faith, motherhood, conversations with her boys, and her husband. She tells of Miss Pauline, good read-alouds for storytime, and so many things she is thankful for. Thank you, sweet Elise, for using the tremendous gift God has given you to bless the rest of us.

3. Rebeca of Carried on the Wind.
I started reading Rebeca's blog shortly after I began blogging. She, along with Kendra, are some of the bloggers I feel like I "know", because they've so faithfully shared their lives over the past year through their writing. Rebeca has a wonderful heart for Jesus, and delights in being a wife and mama. Rebeca is a kindred spirit, too: she writes birthday letters to her own beautiful children. Rebeca has written posts like this one and this one that have made me think. Thank you, Rebeca. I am so grateful to know you.

4. Ann of Holy Experience.
Sweet, thought-provoking Ann. Ann is another whose writing makes me stop and consider. Ann wrote this and we began a new tradition in our family. She wrote this and I spent months of reflection, and page after page in my journal, pondering all God has given to me. She wrote this and I continue to remember these words she wrote: “It is alright to let go. Let go. God will provide whatever we need ahead when we get there. Travel light.” God has used this dear online sister much in my life. Thank you, dear Ann.

5. Linda of Higher Up and Further In.
Linda is homeschooling her children using Charlotte Mason's principles, and I have found her to be an amazing resource as we have chosen to homeschool our own children this way. She freely shares what they have done; what concepts like narration and nature study actually look like in their home. I am so thankful, Linda, that you are sharing your own schedules and experiences and making it seem do-able for the rest of us!

If you aren't already familiar with any of the above bloggers, do go check them out. These are wonderful women who love God deeply. It shows.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Stacy. If they had a beautiful person award for bloggers, I'd choose you. Your heart shines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy,
    Thanks! I am truly honored, especially since some of your other nominations are among the bloggers I admire and appreciate most. I will pass on some awards soon. Thank you so much.
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, you!!! Well deserved! Your blog definitely keeps me thinking! =) Keep up the good work...you know I love reading your "stuff"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing more wonderful blogs with us. These awards are giving me the chance to find more women who are kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, Stacy. You win the "So Sweet Award"! :)
    Thank you for your kind words. I am equally blessed with my time here at your little place. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.