On daddies

*2006 post*

This past week my daughter (4) and I were sitting on my bed. I was sorting socks. She had just finished 'nursing' her dolly quietly and was now tucking the baby into bed. She was telling me all about her baby and was being such a sweet, nurturing "mama".

I commented- as I often do, "Honey, you are going to be such a good mama someday." I then added, "I wonder if God will give you sons, daughters, or both?"

Then I said, "When you get married and want to go on a date with your husband (Mark and I had done this earlier in the week), you can bring your children to grandma's house and I can take care of them for you!"

She was pondering this all with a very serious expression. She finally said, "It's going to be hard to find someone to marry when I get bigger."

I asked, "Why do you think that?" And she said, "Because all the daddies are already married."

1 comment:

  1. Sep. 28, 2006 - Cutie pie Ella!!
    Posted by Michelle
    That got a big smile from Erica and I!! Have a happy day, Ella and Stacy (and the rest of the fam).... =)

    ***

    Sep. 28, 2006 - daughters and marriage
    Posted by TNLisa
    Thank you for sharing! It brought a smile to my face, and made me remember what my own daughter said when she was about the same age...she said she wanted to marry Jesus or her daddy. smiles.
    Blessings! Lisa

    ***

    Sep. 28, 2006 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by jengresak
    So stinking cute!! I hope you gave her some ice cream or something : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.