Tagged

I've been tagged by a few different people on this one: most recently my friends Kimmie and Mrs. M, so I'll play. 8 random things about myself:

1. I often rearrange the furniture in our home. Usually it's the living room, but every other room gets it as well. I'll just get an urge for it to be different and go for it. Mark is quite used to coming home from work to a whole new room. (And it's a very frugal way to "redecorate", too!)

2. I graduated from college with a degree in Graphic Design. I've never used it. (Unless you can count the notes I write to my husband or the signs/notes posted around our house!)

3. Within the past year, I have changed my favorite candy bar. For my entire life, I have favored Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Now, though, it is most emphatically a Snickers bar. Hands down.

4. I hate Disney/Dreamworks/any and all animated movies (*cringing* at the backlash I'll probably get from that comment) I'm sorry, I just don't like them. The last time I remember any enjoyment whatsoever from such a movie was the movie Aladdin, but then maybe that was more about my age or Robin Williams? Since then, I have tried. I bought the Toy Story hype and actually saw it in the theater. Big mistake. I thought it was entirely stupid, except for the one scene introducing the army guys, in which I was amused at the way they walked. There was such a rave about Shrek, I even rented that. And spent the entire movie saying, "I can't believe people like this movie. What is there to like? This is so dumb. Seriously. I.do.not.get.it." I'm sure I am probably the only person in the world who does not like these movies, but I really can't muster up an appreciation for them. Now, that said: there are a few classic exceptions, most notably The Jungle Book.

5. I don't have a cell phone.

6. I drink iced lattes year-round (even in the winter). I just don't like hot coffee. *Except* during those blissful weeks when eggnog is out. Then I drink up on the eggnog lattes.

7. I am very expressive. I talk with my hands, you can read my body language like a book, and I speak louder when I'm excited about something.

8. I was fifteen, (maybe sixteen?) when my mom last tried to give me a spanking. I say "tried" because she didn't end up going through with it. She asked me to lie on the floor of our bathroom while she went for The Spoon. I think she gave up the idea when she had trouble opening the door because I was so tall I was taking up nearly the entire bathroom. It was amusing to say the least. My sister, mom and I were all laughing by the end of it. I was grounded instead.

6 comments:

  1. No, you're not the only person in the world who dislikes those movies. While I've enjoyed a few of them over the years, for the post part I cringe too. The subtle and not-so-subtle messages are just not what I want my kids being exposed too. And the whole Disney Princess thing makes me want to scream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's OK about not liking animated movies. I recently saw Happy Feet and was so bored and upset about the 3 dollars we wasted on it!! We didn't even finish it. And I agree with the Disney Princess thing....can't stand it! But there have been a few really clever, clean and well done movies in the recent past. You just have to watch a few lemons before you find something you really like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I like you!

    Of course, I knew all these things, but reading the way you wrote about yourself makes me smile, because I really do like you.

    - Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute.... I do that with furniture every now and then. Mu husband always says that he is afraid that he will say:" Sorry, i came in wrong flat :)"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list Stacy! I resemble the furniture thing. We have recently moved twice in six months....so right now I want my furnitire to stay still!

    I am not a Disney fan either. We love Mary Poppins...isn't that Disney but other then that I am not a big fan. The one that bothers me the most is Little Mermaid...disobey your father....run away with a man in a bikini top. Give up your family and everything you have ever know for a guy in rebellion. Sorry not for my very girly girl who adores princesses with out ever seeing Disney! I do like some Pixar films though.

    Iced coffee.....sounds so good right now even though it's only 8:30 in the morning. And my favorite candy bar used to be the same as yours....now it is Cadbury Dark Almond Crunch. Do you think they will have dark chocolate in heaven?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh....and the Phillip Yancy book is called "Finding God in Unexpected Places" it is short story type devotions.
    I bet you if you called Mr. Yancey today and said do you remember the blonde in Colorado at a church retreat who blew up the surgical glove with her nose.....he would say a resounding YES! I think I left an impression LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.