Answer

This is the passage God laid upon my heart when I sat with Him the other day:
But now, this is what the Lord says-
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...
Do not be afraid, for I am with you
."
God has silenced the fears and what-if's. He has brought peace to our hearts not with an audible voice or a miraculous sign (though I certainly prayed for that kind of clarity!), but in a myriad of gentle, whispering ways: a verse here, another there, the words of a hymn, a portion of a book, and in a name.

And so we press on, trusting that this child is the one He has chosen for us, and knowing that He is faithful no matter what lies ahead.

Thank you for prayers.

8 comments:

  1. I am rejoicing that you are willing to follow what you feel God is calling you to do even though it might be hard. I am always saying to my boys, "Where does it say life is supposed to be easy?" We just need to do what God commands. Sometimes it's hard, but good. He promises to be with us. These hard things will not consume us...God is bigger.

    I am excited to see what God has in store...and to think that in His grace He is placing this little one with you and she will have a chance to be brought up in a home where Christ is the center! That is so exciting!

    I know it all isn't official yet, but congratulations I am excited for you!

    I was praying for you on the way home from picking up our new van yesterday. You're on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy :)
    Pressing on...trusting...knowing...
    There is such power there in Him!

    We are praising with you! Love, Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you worded this: "God has silenced the fears and what-if's. He has brought peace to our hearts..." I know these are not just words but that this is how you feel. You give God the glory that is His.

    And what a miracle really. We children of His are fearful creatures constantly coming up with what-if's. (Especially us women and mama's I think!) That God has taken this away is an amazing miracle. The sort He does all the time I know, but miraculous nonetheless!

    Thank you father, for leading my dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy,
    Your family has been on my mind and my heart. Have a wonderful weekend. Love, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, He does tend to work that way, doesn't He? Not in audible voices or miraculous signs, but in "a myriad of gentle, whispering ways." I love the way you put that.

    Still, always, praying. Sending a big hug...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey.... I am so blessed.

    Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

    Psalm 23: 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
    2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.


    Tami R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely wonderful! God bless your daughter and your ever growing family. What a wonderful thing that God has silenced the fears and what-if's, and has brought peace to your hearts. I will continue to pray for all of you. I cannot wait to hear more...and of course see pictures (and hear a name!!) of your beautiful daughter.
    Blessings,
    Amy Crawford

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.