Update #2 and Our day

The endoscopy took place last night, and the doctor discovered an area of inflammation in her stomach lining. His thought is that she picked up some parasite or something while she was in Haiti at the end of March. (My dad is a campus pastor with Chi Alpha. He and my mom (and my little brother) went with a team of students on a missions trip in Haiti this past month.) This is something we had wondered about- the parasite possibility- but the endoscopy seems to support that.

The doctor took a biopsy of that area and they are still waiting to get the results back. Now to find out exactly what it is, so that it can be effectively treated.

So. Good news in that the doctor is pretty sure that that is what we're dealing with. And just knowing- versus the not-knowing is a huge relief to mom (and the rest of us). Also, this seems to rule out any of the more serious things we were fearing.

Mom was in good spirits last night and she looked much better. Thank you for your prayers. I'll continue to update you.

I'm working on a post listing my five things- based on this post of Kendra's. I'll try to get that up in the next day or two.

Spring has finally arrived here in the northwest, and we are thankful. Our cherry trees are in full bloom, and when a breeze hits them, all those little pink petals flutter to the ground like it's snowing. I love that. The tulips along our walk are standing tall, the grass is freshly mowed, the sun shines. It is supposed to be a balmy 64 degrees here, today. The kids have been outside a lot, enjoying the warm weather.

My goals today are as follows:
-get the living room tidied (and enlist the kids to help)
-get a load of laundry washed and then hung out on the line to dry
-fold and put away the clean laundry that is piling up (and enlist the kids to help)
-make dinner
-when Mark is home for lunch, take all the kids up to visit mom at the hospital. Ella came with me on Sunday, but I've gone alone or with Audra for my other visits, and the other kids have not seen her yet. (Plus- the window of mom's room overlooks the hospital's helicopter, so I know the boys, especially, will be excited about that.)
-get myself some coffee

Those things, along with loving and caring for my children, nursing my beautiful Audra, and handling all discipline/instruction throughout the day, ought to keep this mama pretty busy for the rest of the day.

I'm sneaking in a picture of Audra, here- taken about a week ago. It's now 7:45, and I'm off to get a shower in before Adelia wakes up (she's a sleepyhead this morning!)


Wishing all of you a delightful day!

8 comments:

  1. I was hoping you'd do an update on your mom this morning ~ Thank You! So glad they ruled other things out. Sorry for what it probably is, though. :( Continuing to pray for her. And boy those helicopters will be exciting! And your Audra sure is a doll! Enjoy your day, Stacy. :)
    Camee XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is good news! I am so glad that they have an idea at least. Now to end her pain.

    Great plan for you day, I hope it goes as smoothly as it sounds in a tidy list. :)

    And Audra, oh Audra, you are beautiful! And chubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the day goes well. Keep us posted on your sweet mama. And kiss those baby cheeks for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news - so glad to hear it. Hope you made it through your to do list successfully!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camee,
    Yes. I'm thankful, too.
    I told Mom last night that you loved her and were praying, Camee!

    Amy,
    Happy VACATION to you!!!
    My tidy list is going well so far. *All* the laundry is folded and put away, a load was washed and is hanging on the line, I've showered, fed the kids breakfast, and went over memory work with them, the living room has been tidied by the kids and I'll do a once-over here, soon, hopefully. I'm off to get lunch together and hopefully some dinner prep. (Was that all on my list?) Oh, another half-hour or so and we're headed to the hospital.

    And of course I agree- Audra is beautiful. Love that girl.

    Rebeca,
    I will kiss those cheeks!

    Teri,
    The list has gone well (as noted above). Thank you!

    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. all that before lunch....impressive.

    glad to here they are finding out how to help your mom. and we are loving the weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your mom.
    Your to do list lit a little fire (okay, maybe a light bulb... maybe a small LED bulb) under me to get to mine. But I'll keep praying for your mom.
    Blessings,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally some answers! I do hope they are able to deal with it swiftly and end this nightmare for your mom.

    Audra is so adorable, I just want to cuddle her. I wish she and Shana could meet in person. Enjoy your balmy weather. It is a cold, rainy, chilly to the bones day here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.