A man I know

Let me tell you a little about a man that I know.

He is first a lover of God. And he loves God's word.

He is a wonderful husband. He is attentive, tender, supportive, patient, encouraging, complimentary, romantic, faithful and pure. He is always willing to step in and give his weary wife some rest. He tells his wife she is beautiful-- many times a day. He's the best listener. He writes cards and leaves notes in the shower. He is selfless. He is tall, lean and handsome. He makes me laugh, and he holds me when I cry. He is my best friend. Yes, this is my husband.

He is crazy about his children. If you were to frequent our home on any given night, you would find him lying on the floor, wrestling with our boys. Or on all fours, chasing our children around the house. Or sitting beside our daughter, playing dollhouse. Or on the couch reading stories. Or playing the seventeenth game of hide-and-seek. Or with music spilling from the stereo, a child in his arms, dancing happily around our living room. Or he's making badger masks for the kids (because we were learning about badgers). Or, after expressed interest in dalmatians, he painted little faces, hands, and feet with white paint, and added black spots. And then he took pictures. When bedtime rolls around, he gathers our children around him for a Bible story. But he doesn't just read the story. If you peeked into the room, you would spy some earnest little actors. Daddy is the director and sometimes-actor, and our children get to act out the Bible stories. If a child calls out, fearful, in the middle of the night, it is his name that is called: "Daddy!" And he goes at once; reassuring and secure. He prays, sometimes sings, and the child is tucked back into bed.

He is one who loves others more than himself. He is continually looking for ways to serve others, and he serves without desire for recognition. He gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. He does not keep a record of wrongs. He is absolutely trustworthy. You can count on him for an honest answer, always. He has a great sense of humor. He is thoughtful and kind. He is generous. He is compassionate. He feels deeply, and is not afraid to let a tear slip down his face. He is full of integrity. He is one who others listen to. They trust his counsel and his opinions. I am so proud of him.

He is a good man, this man. And he is mine. Oh, I realize that Mark is His, but He has seen fit to give him to me for these years. And I am so thankful for my beloved husband. For this father of my children. For this godly man God has blessed me so richly with.

Happy Birthday, honey. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Jan. 22, 2007 - Thank you
    Posted by Mark
    Thank you, sweetheart, for this beautiful affirmation. You really are too kind. It's wonderful to be appreciated as much as I am by you.

    Thanks also for all your hard work on my birthday to make my day as relaxing as possible. You blessed me with this blog. You blessed me on my birthday and every day.

    I love you.
    Mark

    ***

    Jan. 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Anonymous
    Oh, you are a blessed woman. And I daresay, he feels the same about you!
    Elise -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.