Thankful



Still more from my list:

praying with my mom
my crockpot
sweet forgiveness from my children when I've had to apologize
storytime before naps each day
little legs that have kicked off the covers in sleep
velcro shoes for little feet
the individual personalites of each of my children
traditions
rearranged furniture
heavy eyelids that urge me to put the book down and sleep
Isaac's bold displays of love
his grateful heart
Ella's early-morning self: groggy, quiet
how they run and greet daddy at the door
Isaias on his tiptoes to peek out the window
how Isaias tucks his hands between us with I'm holding him
how Isaac gets his colors mixed up
the sound of his feet padding up the stairs in the early morning hours
that Isaias calls, "daddyyyy" now in the mornings
Ella positioning all the nativity figurines-- at home and at my mom's-- to look at the baby Jesus
lunches around the table with Amy and her kids
how Isaias says "mama" when he wants to show me something
Ella learning to write words
puzzles
coconut macaroons
that Mark takes over when I can't balance the checkbook
Ella affirming her brothers
framed 8x10's of my smiling children
earnest prayers for a baby in mommy's tummy
Mark's TLC when I'm sick
Mark, like a little boy, intent upon some baseball cards
or legos
or puzzles
knowing You
and trusting You
great-grandpa Jake
Mark unloading the van after Costco trips
and loading the fridge and cupboards for me
doing something to make the kids giggle
banners and signs made for big events
the sound of raindrops hitting my face
the feel of them
Migee and Donto, Isaac's imaginary friends
Your law, Lord

I'm wrapping up this list. I've got about 40 more to go to get to 1000. Early on, I wondered if I'd ever be able to come up with an entire 1000! But it really hasn't been difficult at all. It's just a matter of taking the time to stop and consider. There are so many.

1 comment:

  1. Jan. 26, 2007 - Great minds think alike
    Posted by Michelle
    I was SERIOUSLY planning to post on my list progress (slow as it may be lately!) in the next day or two!! I love reading your list! And I am impressed that you have almost reached 1000!!!!!! love you much! I am thankful for you!

    ***

    Jan. 27, 2007 - Very nice!
    Posted by AussieinAmerica
    Isn't it funny how once you start thinking about things you are thankful for you realize there is SO much? I may have to do this too.
    I loved your list. There really is so much to be thankful for.
    Have great day,
    Stacy

    Edited by AussieinAmerica on Jan. 27, 2007 at 9:16 AM

    ***

    Jan. 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Anonymous
    I found it so amazing as we did our lists, to find that they became more than just "gifts", they were "things I see everyday that have taken on new meaning".
    These are beautiful! Congratulations on reaching the end!

    ***

    Jan. 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Anonymous
    Aaaaaaaaaargh! I did it again! That last comment was me, Elise!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.