Quilting: A first

Remember my first sewing project? This was my second.

I used a pattern from this book (which I checked out from the library):


And using this fabric:


Ended up with this:

Let's just say that I have GREAT admiration for all quilters, everywhere. I actually really enjoyed the process-- especially choosing the fabric and seeing it all come together. But for a perfectionist like me, it was difficult to have it turn out, well... imperfect. BUT I learned a lot and I kept telling myself: "It's a blanket for a doll." And my daughter loves it.

Next time I would like to make a twin-sized quilt for a child's bed, so if anyone has any suggestions, I welcome them.

1 comment:

  1. Jan. 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Corin
    That's beautiful! Great job Stacy!

    ***

    Jan. 9, 2007 - Oooo... triangles!
    Posted by momco3
    I did a triangle quilt once and promised myself I'd never do anything more complicated than squares again. Good job!

    Stacy, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your log and your optimism. Thanks for your commitment to follow God faithfully, and your willingness to let us walk a little with you.
    Annie

    ***

    Jan. 9, 2007 - Way to go!
    Posted by Michelle
    Great job, you! Can't wait to see your handiwork "in person"!!! =)

    ***

    Jan. 10, 2007 - Looks great!
    Posted by Sandi
    Wow! I am impressed. I am working (and have been for 3 yrs) on a baby quilt. I don't want to mess it up so I am not really doing anything with it LOL!

    It's pretty dear to my heart so I want to be careful. I should get a book from the library. Honestly it never occured to me.

    ***

    Jan. 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by Rebeca
    Good job! That came out great, and I'm sure your daughter loves it. Way to go Stacy!
    Rebeca

    ***

    Jan. 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
    Posted by TC
    Bee-yoo-tee-ful!
    I've been quilting for nearly 20 years, and have yet to make a perfect quilt. :) Technique is a lot less important than the love that goes into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.