Reading...

It's snowing here again today. This kind of day always makes me want to curl up under my cozy down comforter with a cup of hot tea and a good book. Mmmm...

I've decided to keep track of all the books I read in 2007. Here's what's happening so far in the reading department:

Just finished: Forgiven ~Karen Kingsbury

Christian fiction. Quick read. Kingsbury is no Francine Rivers (who is a favorite Christian fiction author of mine), but... still good.

Now reading: House Divided ~Ben Ames Williams

This is a 1500-page novel about the Civil War, copyright 1947. I am about 1100 pages into it, and it's very good. There was just one section of the book that was tedious-- I got a little bogged down in all the details of a particular battle, so I did do a bit of skimming, but it was only about 100 pages. Other than that one section (which would be my husband's favorite part of the book), I am really enjoying this book. Great character development.

Next up: Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology ~Eric Brende

I can't wait to read this one. MIT grad Eric Brende and his wife move to a community for eighteen months and do without a car, stove, refrigerator and running water. And he writes all about it here.

What are you reading?

1 comment:

  1. Jan. 21, 2007 - Reading
    Posted by Anonymous
    Hey Stacy,
    I am going to check out the Eric Brende book, also. It looks interesting! Currently, I am working through The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky.
    Happy Reading!
    Rebecca M

    ***

    Jan. 22, 2007 - Rebecca-
    Posted by reformingmama
    I'm glad SOMEONE else is reading. Or is willing to share about it.
    I'm really enjoying the Better Off book. Definitely thought-provoking. Mark says he was worried when he saw that book that I'd be shutting down our electricity! I won't, of course, but it certainly makes me want to simplify!
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.