Good morning!

I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from all of you. Really. I've told Mark several times over the weekend that those of you who read my blog are some of the nicest women out there. Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. I sure love you all. I wish I could give each of you a great big hug.

We are all doing *great*. Truly. In fact, I had to go back and read my post on Friday to ensure that I hadn't misled you to think that I was devastated by the events that took place. Because I am not. I really am 100% okay with it. My heart was aching on Friday because I was concerned about my Ella girl. I truly was fine myself. (I mean, a bit perturbed with the foster care system, sure, but as far as my heart and emotions? Solid.)

But then maybe that's because I've been so covered in prayer, too. :)

And Ella? She is perfectly fine. So often in this role of being a mama, I watch the way she is and I learn from her. She has not dwelt on this one iota. She had her 10 minutes of heart-wrenching sobs, her clinging, broken self, and then that was that. She has gone on merrily as before. A few times over the weekend she did mention baby L, but only in passing, and we used that as a reminder to pray for her and for her mother.

It would serve me well to take notes on Ella's response. How often when something is hard in my own life, I dwell on it. I sort of cozy up in a chair with it and rest there. My conversations take me there and my mind stays on that difficulty. I could take a lesson from my dear girl: Pour out your heart to God, sob it all out, and leave it right there at His feet. And then pick yourself up and keep right on your merry way.

But then, maybe her response to this has been because of your prayers, too. So I thank you.

God is so gracious.

This morning I read Ephesians 2:10:
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I was so overwhelmed with gratitude that some of the works that God, in His graciousness, has prepared for me to do involve being a wife and a mama. My heart is full to the brim with praise and thankfulness.

So I'm off to love on these ones God has entrusted to me. And I am truly full of joy.

Much love to each of you today as you do the same!

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your disappointment! I have had it said to me so many times that it is almost meaningless at times, but let me be cliché and pass it on to you: YOUR child is out there. God has His mighty and all-loving hand on a child that was chosen from the beginning of time for YOUR family. Wait on Him.

    Two years ago, I had a miscarriage that hit Jo (then 8) almost as hard as it hit me. She was devastated, and I have watched as she has waxed and waned with hope in the long, drawn-out process of adoption. While my heart cries for her losses, I am also keenly aware that the Lord is shaping in her a heart for family that could never have been developed any other way. She sees children and families as gifts straight from the Lord, and has a more mature sense of marriage and commitment than I would ever have dreamed.

    Again, so sorry to hear that you are in limbo. I'd love to email with you again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Stacy,

    I meant to comment to your earlier post, but got pulled away from the computer. I'm sure someone was crying! :) Anyway, just wanted you to know that I too have been praying for you and your family this weekend as you've come to mind. Especially for sweet Ella and also for the little baby who won't be coming. And for the mommy. What a blessing to be able to go to our sweet Jesus in prayer.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your hearts are well, Stacy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, I am behind in reading and I was so saddened to hear of your disappointment. I am glad that you ahd your family are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pour out your heart to God, sob it all out, and leave it right there at His feet. And then pick yourself up and keep right on your merry way.

    I think Ella's lesson is an incredible one. And I think YOU are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is You made me smile. :D So glad the Lord has your emotions under His care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacy, your joy reflects God's power at work in you!

    It is plain to see that while you desire to have another child, your faith in God shines through and says to all, “It is well with my soul because my God decides when and who and I trust Him to do what is best.”

    Psalm 16: 8 I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,

    God is perfect and loving!

    Tami R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! This is something that has been hitting me lately...that God is bigger than all our problems! I am a new reader to your blog...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is such a comfort to know that it really isn't the Foster Care system that is in control...it is our amazing God.

    Praying for you as you wait to receive another phone call!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.